Frequently asked question regarding hostel booking (FAQ)
How do I make a booking?
1. Find the hostel/accommodation that you wish to book
2. See information about your hostel and then select the arrival date, number of nights to stay and click "Continue to see prices"
3. Select room type and number of guests. You can book multiple guests in multiple rooms simultaneously. Hold the mouse pointer on the blue room links to see what applies to the room
4. If the information is correct, click on "Book Accommodation"
5. You will now see a page that summarizes your reservation. Fill in the personal- and payment information
6. You only pay 10% deposit + $ 2 service fee, the rest is paid on arrival. Pay with Visa or MasterCard (in some cases, other payment methods are available)
7. If the information is correct, click on "Confirm" button and wait for your confirmation that will appear on the screen (also sent to you by email)
For how many people can I make a booking and for how long?
- You can book a maximum of 10 people for 14 nights unless otherwise stated on the housing information page. If you want to book for more people or more nights, you'll have to make several reservations.
What happens with the deposit on 10%?
- At the time of booking you'll be charged 10% of the cost plus $2 (USD) in booking fee.
- These costs are non-refundable.
- The rest (90%) is paid on arrival directly to the hostel.
I havn't received my booking confirmation. What should I do?
- After clicking on the "Confirm" button, it can take up to 30sec before confirmation is displayed on the screen.
- The booking confirmation is also sent to you by email. It's important that you provide the correct email address when booking.
- Depending on the nature of the Internet and possible problems in different e-mail servers, the booking confirmation could get lost. If so, click on "My Bookings", login and select to send the confirmation once again.
How do I know that the accommodation/room is available before I book it?
- If it is not available, you simply cannot book it. In other words, if you succeed in booking it, it's also available. We have direct access to all hostels and accommodations.
I am interested in long-term stay, maybe rent an apartment, is it possible?
- Choose to search only on apartments. Remember that you can only book 14 days in each reservation, there is nothing that stops you from making multiple 14-day bookings in a row in the same room / accommodation.
What if I want to cancel my reservation?
- If you want to cancel your reservation you must contact the accommodation directly via the contact information listed on the booking confirmation.
- In case of cancellation, the deposit and booking fee are non-refundable.
What if I want to changes dates or similar in my existing booking?
- You must contact your hostel directly and see if it's possible to make changes.
Which credit cards or other payment methods can I use?
- It varies from hostel to hostel, you can always use Visa and Mastercard credit cards. Most of the hostel also accept both Debit / Credit cards such as Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Maestro UK, Solo, JCB and Laser. In some cases, payments are also possible through PayPal. You'll see what payment method is allowed for a particular hostel when you get to the payment page.
Can I book without a credit card?
- Some hostels allow payments through PayPal.
Do the name on the reservation needs to be the same as the name on the credit card?
- No. If you don't have your own credit card, you can use someone else's card, provided that you have their permission
- The name on the reservation does not need to match the name on the credit card.
Will my credit card numbers and personal information be safe and secured?
- Yes, the booking system uses Verisign in order to ensure secured data transmission. All information is encrypted.
Can I book by email or telephone?
What happens if I do not check in or contact my hostel?
- In this case, you will be billed for the first night on your credit card.